Physiotherapyfind out more about our Physiotherapy service
What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy helps restore movement and function when someone is affected by injury, illness or disability. We will help to improve mobility in affected joints and muscles as well as helping to relieve pain and discomfort. Physiotherapy can also improve sporting performance, and help to prevent future injuries, stress and strain, and therefore the need for lengthy rehabilitation.
How can we help?
On your first visit to West Kirby Physiotherapy, our therapists will assess you thoroughly to properly diagnose your problem and then discuss the different treatment options that are available with you.
Some examples of the wide range of techniques that we may use to aid your recovery include:
- Manual therapy which may include joint mobilistation or manipulation. This is a hands on movement technique used by our physiotherapists to restore normal, pain free movement.
- Soft tissue therapy that can include massage, trigger point release, myofascial release and muscle energy techniques
- Sports-specific exercise or strength and conditioning programme individually designed for you whether you are a professional athlete, serious fitness fanatic or play sport for fun
- Postural, Biomechanical and ergonomic assessments to understand how the alignment of your body and the way you move may cause pain or discomfort
- Pilates [click for more information]
- Acupuncture [click for more information]
- Education and advice
- Bespoke personal exercise programme for you to carry on with at home to supplement your hands on treatment. This will be emailed to you following your appointment so no need to remember once you have left the clinic!